Somersham's highest Attendance at the West End Ground was 538 vs Norwich City, in a friendly match, November 1992.
Final score Somersham Town 1 - 7 Norwich City
The club was formed in 1893 and played local league football for many years. It was not until after the Second World War that the club began to emerge as a force in local football. In 1949 we were one of the founder members of the Peterborough and District Premier Division, and for almost 40 years were stalwarts of that leaguefinishing runners-up on a number of occasions, but never actually winning the Championship.
However, the club was beginning to progress off the field, and in 1981 it purchased the present Westend premises, and opened the clubhouse.
On the field the significant move was made in the 1988/89 season when the club left the Peterborough League to become founder members of Division One of the Jewson League, in which it remained till 2003/04. On 11th March 1991 the inaugral match under floodlights was played - a Hinchingbrooke Cup match with Potton United, which the visitors won 5-3 after extra time. Later that year a crowd of 537 witnessed the formal opening of the lights when a multi-talented Norwich City side including several international players visited Somersham for a friendly match.
Recent highlights include winning the Hunts Senior Cup in 1993/94, and again in 2000/01. other honours include winning the Hinchingbrooke Cup in 1953/54, and the Hunts Junior Cup on three occasions. Last year also saw the clubs reserve side bring silverware to the club, by winning the Lower Junior Cup.
This feature is currently in development but will be available soon.